THOMAS RIVER

Thomas River was a stop on the original main line from East London up to the Highveld, situated 123 kms from East London near the scenic Amatola mountains. The original routing was moved in 1948 but a historic village has been built in the old location, including station buildings, used as self-catering accommodation as seen here.

At the new station, there is now no evidence of the 20 lever frame and signalling, aside from the gap in the platform seen here. All the station buildings are gone (moved to the historic village?)
Back to the home signal page!